SIX MONTHS DIPLOMA
This course will guide you, step-by-step, through the tools to use, and the scripts to produce to give you a professional expertise in this beautiful art form.
The aim of this course is to promote and revive this art which is an integral part of our Islamic Art heritage.
The course is suitable for the beginners as it will start from the very basics and move towards advance level under the guidance of professional and experienced calligrapher.
Naveed Maroof is a professional calligrapher and has more than 10 years of experience in this field. He has won more than ten awards at the national level and has participated in many national and international exhibitions. His aim is to achieve excellence in traditional calligraphy and to contribute towards a revival of this art form in Pakistan.
- History of calligraphy
- Materials of traditional calligraphy
- Crafting the bamboo qalam and cut pen
- Ink making
- Traditional (aahar) paper making
- Introduction of basic scripts
- Diwani, Diwani Jali and Ruqa's rules and practice
- Composition-making in all these scripts
- Calligraphy with ink and bamboo qalam on Canvas
- Making a traditional calligraphy art piece